Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Monday, February 15, 2010

My Petit Sous Chef

Today on my last day off, I made chocolate chip cookies. Comfort food is always a given 1) when it's cold and 2) when you're sad. And I'm always sad to leave Jude.


A month ago making cookies would have soooo not happened with Jude. At least not when I was home by myself.


Now that Jude is almost 4 months old things have gotten easier. (Yes, on Friday he really will be 4 months old. Unbelievable). Since he can hold his head up + sit in his bumbo chair + be entertained by watching me do pretty much anything, the world has reopened itself up to me.


So today, Jude became my little sous chef. While I was baking, I couldn't help but look forward to making cookies with him when he can really help. I have so many fond memories of baking with my mom. Perhaps that's why I'm so in love with baking in the first place.


PS I won't fill you in on all the ridiculous songs I sang during the midst of this baking extravaganza. Gotta give the little people what they want....

No comments: