Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Heads or Tails

About a week ago, Jude started sleeping through the night. Sometimes. It probably works out to a 50-50 chance he'll do it. He will for a couple nights in a row, then be back to waking at 3:30 for a couple nights. It cycles.


The nights he does sleep until 6:30 are wonderful. That extra sleep really makes the difference when you are working full time- especially with a class full of children!


I'll be honest though- there's a part of me that likes when he wakes up at 3:30. Sure, it's less sleep. However, when you are working full time, all minutes with your baby are precious- even the ones at 3:30. I only get about 4 hours in the evening with Jude once I get home from work. I like have those extra 30 minutes of feed time to cuddle with him.


To be honest, I don't know which I truly prefer. What can I say? Jude's worth a lack of sleep!


No comments: