Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Midweek Blues


We have a working cycle going in our family. Typically the first day or two back is really hard on me because I know it's going to be 5 whole days until I can spend a day with Jude. Jude on the other hand doesn't realize how this schedule works just yet. He usually handles the first day or two fine. Wednesday, he gets the blues though. Wednesday and Thursday I get nothing done because he insists on being held almost constantly. Toys don't interest him. Just me. His evening nap is difficult too. He doesn't want to miss a moment. The only way I can finally succeed in a nap is if he is snuggled right up against me and has both hands wrapped around my fingers. Putting him down when he is finally asleep is another issue all together. He typically wakes after 2 minutes crying like his lonely heart is broken. Could there be anything sadder for a mom? I've started laying him down in our bed on days like these. I know it sounds weird, but I figure being able to smell the sheets is probably comforting. Regardless, it just breaks my heart knowing he probably needs me more than I'm able to be there for him. Talk about guilt....

No comments: