Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful- To Choose Joy


Today I'm thankful for the continuous opportunity to 'choose joy'.  If I had a slogan to live by, it would be that.  Not because I am good at it.  Because I need to be good at it.  I'm the worst person about not seeing the forest for the trees.  At a pumpkin patch with Jude, I got so caught up in capturing the perfect picture, I forgot to just laugh at all the things Jude did.  Even this evening, I found myself caught up in editing pictures and not just enjoying Jude.  And to top it off, I'm a perfectionist.  I get upset with myself when even the smallest things fail.  It's really stupid.

So tonight, to start off the season of Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I can start over each second.  I'm thankful that maybe I didn't 'choose joy' to start with, but I can 'choose joy' now.  Because it's not the past moments that count, it's this very moment right now.  And now, I choose joy.

No comments: