Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 2: Smile


Smile- Boy if this picture of Jude's smile doesn't show his personality, I don't know what does.  Megan is way in to my camera.  She babysat for me Saturday night.  I found this beauty when I uploaded my raspberry photos yesterday.  The day 2 gratitude photo challenge was a smile.  I'm sorry, but this was just too perfect to pass up!

I am absolutely thankful for the ornery boy smiling in this photo.  He is my gift from God in ways that I can't even wrap my mind around.  He was definitely never planned, but God in His sovereignty used him to motivate me to get out of my marriage and file for divorce.  I'm so thankful to have him, because he defied so many odds.  Scientifically, it was pretty unexpected for him to come at all.  Plus, having him marked the first time I ever told Michael no, the first time I ever stood my ground.  I often wonder what my life would be like if I'd ever given in to Michael and not had him.  There are no words to describe the gratitude I have that I didn't give in to him, the gratitude I have to God for giving me the strength to stand, the gratitude I have for having this hilarious, adorable, loving, wonderful embodiment of all that is grace and God's goodness in my life.

James 1:17- every good and perfect gift is from above....


Side note:  The other day Megan was over and playing around with Jude.  She playfully smacked him on the bottom to which Jude replied, "Noooo... that's mine!!!!"

Died.Of.Cute.The.End.

No comments: