Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Photo challenge: Happiness

Today's photo challenge is happiness.  I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with something creative.  Unfortuntately, today is one of those days where my brain is on overload of interventions, student data, how far behind I am on the scope and sequence, how far I have to go to get my kids on level, etc, etc, etc.  Creativity is not high on my scale today.  I don't have it in me.  But here are my attempts.


Happiness is..... coffee in the morning.  And this new holiday flavor of coffee mate I got.


Happiness is..... pulling out my ridiculous pair of socks from high school that I will.not.let.die.  They are completely comforting puff balls of marshmallowy excellence.  I'm sure they don't make them anymore.  If they did, I might buy more.  Sweatshirts, leggings, big Catholic school socks, feet propped up= comfort= happiness.
(side note- I totally impulse bought leg warmers at H&M this weekend.  I have been excited for the cold front to come through so I could wear them.  As I pulled these bad boys on this afternoon, I realized they had quite a bit in common with my leg warmers.  Perhaps they aren't so ridiculous after all?  I think I'm going to have my sister take a totally wacky indie fashion photo, stick it on pinterest, and see what happens :)


Happiness is..... breakfast at dinner.  Coffee, eggs, apples, love.


Happiness is.... laughing because your toddler has helped himself to your dinner.


Happiness is..... taking 'comfort food' to a whole new level of lounging on the table.  Go on Jude, enjoy yourself.

Please note how clean my plate is.  I ate hardly any of it.


Happiness is.... beating your mom to her own food.  He actually completely ate the eggs on the first plate.  I had to go back and make a whole new couple eggs.  Rascal.

Also, today I'm thankful for being able to go to bed!  Seriously.  I'm that tired.

No comments: