Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Sunday, December 27, 2009

10 weeks old!

Jude Dylan is 10 weeks old today! I love babycenter.com because they email me weekly updates on typical babies Jude's age. This is the same website I used to get week by week pregnancy updates.

Based off what they say, Jude is right on track for the most part. He is really responding to voices and sounds. This is a catch 22 because he used to sleep through anything. Now, that he is more alert, he is more likely to wake up out of curiosity.


He is full of coos and smiles which has made him most fun. He recognizes me and even Michael now, which makes us feel pretty cool. It's starting to feel like we have a relationship with Jude, as opposed to being his caretakers.

Jude's schedule is so much easier now. Plus, now that I understand his cries and how he cycles through eating, playing, sleeping, repeat, I am better able to figure out why he is crying. Now that I know what he needs, his crying is minimal. He's really an easy baby, and we are pretty lucky. We will probably pay for it the next go at pregnancy.


Jude is eating about every 3 hours and we are still breastfeeding. Yay! Thankfully, with the help of my breastpump, we will be able to keep it up exclusively for a while longer. I'm hoping to not have to use formula at least for the first 6 months. He eats about 7 times a day. Babycenter.com said we are one of the "lucky ones" because Jude sleeps for long periods at night. His long period keeps getting longer and longer. At 8 weeks, he went from 8 to 3. Now, he's stretching it form 8 to 4. He typically doesn't fully wake up until 8:30 or 9, which is awesome. He's really a good sleeper, and from what I've read, he should remain a good sleeper through childhood. Thank you God!


One thing they mentioned which I haven't noticed is being able to roll from the back to the side. I'm not sure if Jude can do that yet or not. I haven't paid much attention to it. What I do know is that when I lay him in his bed for naps or at night, he makes a 90 degree turn during his sleep. Even when I lay him on his stomach for naps, he does this, so I assume he can at least do some moving like they are referring to.

Jude and I are going to enjoy week 10 together setting up his new room and not having to go to a babysitter. I go back to work on the 5th, and I will really miss all these moments!

No comments: