Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Athletic Punches?

As you know, we have entered that final glorious trimester and are counting down the weeks until we meet Jude. This has been a rough week for me because I have had teacher inservice every day. Sitting from 8-3 while 7 months pregnant is NOT comfortable. Talk about back pain! However, Jude has not found these activities quite as tiring. In fact, it appears when I am sitting alllll day, he begins to play. Nowadays, this little kid is packing some heat with these punches and kicks. I was actually almost self conscious while sitting in class that someone would look over and see him having himself a grand ole time in the middle of the lecture. My stomach was a constant montage of vibrations. Punches and kicks left and right and highly visible. Some of them would actually catch me off guard and make me jump a wee bit. I cannot even imagine what I'm going to look like in another month. My kids aren't going to learn anything- they'll be too entranced by my dancing stomach!

Michael has a very different perception on all this. He's just plain proud that his son is that strong already! As amazing as it is to feel and watch this ball of cells completely and miraculously transform, it's equally amazing to watch the guy you fell in love with transform into 'that dad'. You know the one- that's my boy making the touchdown (although with Michael's soccer/hockey obsession it would be the goal). I really didn't expect him to say that, and I still think it's funny.
We'll have to see if this turns out to be any true indication of athletic talent. In the meantime, it's fascinating to watch everything unfold.

No comments: