Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thankful- budding artists and being late

  Thankful for Jude's painting of the sun and the forest.  He was so proud of this one.  Normally, he doesn't want to paint at home, but this one, he was excited about.  I think it's supposed to be Abraham Lincoln's log cabin.  Regardless, I love seeing him proud of himself :)


 Thankful for time for myself.  This week has been less than ideal.  A lot of that has to do with late appointments and things after work 3 out of 4 nights.  I'm not the kind of person who does well being on the go all the time.  Last night I had to force myself to just step back and do some self care.  By the time I got home, there wasn't time for much.  Squeezing a tiny bit of yoga in though was just what I needed.  Just enough light to get me to Friday. 


Who isn't thankful for kiddo feet?  I don't know what I will do when Jude becomes a real kid.  I am so thankful he's still a preschooler and still little and cute.  It breaks my heart to think of him grown up.  All the more reason to treasure those moments of adorable where they are.


Having Jude enjoy his time in the bathroom was what one of my blogging friends called those 10 minutes of wonder.  I wrote the other day about all the moments I lose.  I'm thankful to have been so encouraged by so many other moms out there who've struggled with the same thing.  And I'm thankful that I was able to enjoy this moment fully.  Jude was showing me how he was an artist and how he could make paintings with the soap bubbles on the wall.  I love watching him just be proud and excited about himself :)


I'm thankful for the unexpected.  One morning this week, my babysitter ended up needing to meet me to get Jude.  Which meant about 5-10 minutes of Jude and I hanging out in my back seat taking selfies.  Instead of worrying about being late, I embraced the moment and just enjoyed being with him.  Such a sweet smile for the morning.  And the best part?  I ended up being 10 minutes early for work.  Go figure.



I saw this the other day on the playground.  As a girl who is SO OVER winter, seeing this ladybug was probably the biggest sigh of relief.  I mean we can't have them without spring right?  I am so ready for warmer days.  Not however ready for the inevitable 110* days we will have this summer ;)


Finally, I'm thankful to have finished reading through the New Testament cover to cover.  I started like summer 2011 (seriously) trying to read through the Bible.  I started reading a chapter from Genesis, Job, and Matthew.  I just finished the New Testament though, which was pretty exciting!  Still have a ways to go in the Old Testament.  Right now I'm in 2 Samuel and Isaiah.  I'm thankful I managed to stick with it though, and not give up.  It takes a loooong time.  But realizing that's ok was a good thing.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: