Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Galveston 2012

This Christmas I spent a lot of time on Galveston Island.  This was the last year for my brother to attend the Joint Military Academy Ball there.  He will graduate this year from the Naval Academy.  I'm lucky enough to have a brother and a sister that I truly get along with and just have fun with.  So he and I hung out a lot that night.  But first..

 Jude got to enjoy the Presidential suite with us.  He was amazed by the pyramids.  Especially the blue one.
 Gazing in his pjs

Relaxing 

 Penguins!!! at the Aquarium


And then there was the actual ball....
 Me and my brother in his dress mess? I think that's what they call it.  They have random names for everything it seems.  So much tradition.  But I have to tell you, watching the kids march in from all the different military academies makes me tear up.  There's so much wrong with this country.  But God bless the people that still dedicate themselves to it with the right heart and right intentions.

 Me and my mom

My favorite part of the night: when the dj brings out the laser wear.  And of course what laser headband doesn't look good with red wine?

Red wine and scotch.  Don't take this picture too seriously.  Did not walk around like this all night.

Party shot- exposure not so awesome.  However, I love dancing with my brother.  I love that I can be completely ridiculous.  And I don't have to worry about appearing as if I have mad skills.  Which incidently I definitely do not.

Woke up to this heaven.  Who doesn't want to relax in the early morning in a big fluffy hotel bed with a lovely rainy day view?  Perfection I tell you.

And then I changed from Moody Gardens to Hotel Galvez.  Loved the antique windows.  And of course the ocean view was a plus.

This is the same outfit I wore to the ball.  Tried to cut down on the amount I had to pack.  But I really love this rosary.  I bought it for $6 in Canton.  It is completely vintage and amazing.

Which was pretty fitting because the wedding rehearsal was here.  The 1859 St. Joseph's church.  So beautiful.  I love old churches.  Incidently, Crystal and her wedding were beyond gorgeous.  It's too bad my phone died by the time the actual wedding came and I have 0 pictures.

Luncheon.  And I just had to.  Because I love bloody mary's like no one's business.

Me and Melissa.  She and Crystal and I go way back to our dorm days at Baylor.  Which scary enough was 10 years ago.  I was laughing because Melissa, her husband and I had a lengthy and in depth conversation on the quality shows on PBS.  10 years changes you.  The stories we have from college vs daily life now are just so different.  I am sad to say I didn't get a pic of Melissa, Crystal, and I at the wedding.  I am the WORST at taking pictures when it matters.  

 Jimmy and I trying to squeeze in pictures with the actual waves.  It was freezing but worth the walk.  I also managed not to get a good picture of the two of us at the actual wedding.  So instead I have my non make up face and bed head.  For the win?

And in closing, hanging out with this guy was pretty magical.  I don't normally get this much me time.  But it was just what I needed.  One day maybe I will post all the ways he is amazingly awesome.  But for now you will just have to take my word for it :)

2 comments:

Tommi said...

I take your word for it. :)
(Mom of the amazing guy)

He thinks you're pretty amazing too.

ThistleAshD said...

awww -- you did a fantastic job with him!