Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Accepting the Unknown- Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful for:

Lots of rain in North Texas.  I live near one of the lakes in the area, and I drive over a bridge for that lake every morning and every afternoon when I go to work, anytime I go grocery shopping, anywhere. It's been beyond depressing the past 2 years watching what was once a beautiful, wild lake marsh area turn to dry land.  I am not being facetious.  Literally.  Dry.  I have prayed for a good soaking rain every day for a long time now.  So thankful that we got so much, and it's actually been raining lightly today.  We still need more of it, but I am so thankful for what we have gotten!

I am thankful for one of the most brilliant sunsets I have ever seen the morning following all that rain.  Isn't that just like God!  He sends tragic downpours into our lives, sometimes with little warning.  It can seem to last forever.  But there comes a morning you wake up to the most brilliant dawn, and you remember that God has been faithful and loving all along.

I am thankful for a lovely Friday with this little guy.  We stopped by the park while it was 65* out.  (another cold spell hit this morning)  We ran and climbed.  Then we came home, ordered pizza, made a 'pirate campout', watched 'Up', and drank hot chocolate.  Jimmy, who is the biggest sport imaginable, also joined us for all these riveting activities.  You know you've found a good one when he's willing to spend his Friday doing this kinds of things!  Side note- I know a lot of girls like the Notebook.  I will never fully understand the obsession, just because to me that story was told not so well.  However, the idea of being in love till your old I do actually love.  Up is kind of my version of the notebook.  I love the idea of converting an old house, I love the idea of doing just regular old life, I love the idea of wanting to go on adventures.  It's mainly the mutual love of adventuring that gets me.  Bucket list- adventuring!


Last I am thankful for art journaling- which is a really fun way to process all the things I'm thinking right now.  I feel like God really spoke to me today through Ruth ch1 and 1 Peter ch1 about accepting the unknown.  Just the way Ruth accepted what could have been a really lonely life by following Naomi.  And 1 Peter opens with talking about how we have hope through trials.  There is so much unknown to the Christian life.  And we are told over and over that we are strangers in this world.  Yet we have this Hope which is Christ Jesus- thankful. for. THAT.


Loved and LovelyThe Fontenot FourThankful Thursdays Buttona punk, a pumpkin and a peanut