Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2 weeks old

Jude is over 2 weeks old now. It's amazing the difference between him now and 2 weeks ago. Babies really do change overnight it seems. Every day it's like we wake up to a slightly new baby. This week he has started having longer periods of awake time. These are particularly common in the morning around 9 or 10 and again in the evening. He also seems to think 3am to 5am is an awake time. We are currently trying to help him understand that those are not awake hours, those hours are for sleeping.

I'm slightly adjusting to this new schedule I have. I'm doing a more proactive job of sleeping when the baby sleeps. This is hard though because there are always so many things to do. It seems I really can only nap with him in the afternoons because in the morning I'm busy eating and showering and all of that. In the evenings, Michael gets home. The last thing I want to do is sleep through my only adult interaction of the day.

We have his 2 week check up this afternoon. Hopefully. I say hopefully because this was originally scheduled for Monday afternoon. Technically we were ready to leave on time. I had laid Jude down to run and brush my teeth on the way out the door. In those 5 minutes he managed to pee all over himself. For some reason, no matter how tight we put on the diapers, he still will occasionally pee out of them. Anyway, of course this happened on the way out the door. So I had to go through the entire changing of the diaper and outfit process. And voila, we were at least 10 minutes late. On top of that, there was traffic northbound on 35 for who knows what reason. By the time we got to the doctor's office, we were 25 minutes late and I was told to reschedule. I almost started crying right there. Anyway, so now his appointment is rescheduled for today and I'm praying that we will get there on time. Somehow I have to coordinate his eating every 2 hours and hoping he doesn't pee anywhere so that we can get to where we need to be. I'm really hoping I get better at this by the time I go back to work. Otherwise, yikes.

I will post his stats from the doctor's later should we make it to the appointment...

No comments: