Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Thursday, November 12, 2009

What bliss looks like with a 3 week old


Last night was a great night! We experienced the most wonderful night of sleep since Jude came home. Jude only woke up twice during the night. We were able to have a 4 our stretch of sleep and a 5 hour stretch of sleep. It was wonderful. I was so thrilled with the little baby. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Now I don't know that it will be repeated tonight. I'm hardly holding my breath for such a thing. However, it sure made for a great night, and I greatly valued the time I did get to sleep.

We actually even got to sleep in a little late. Jude woke up earlier than we prefer, but luckily Michael has this magic touch. For whatever reason, he just has to lay Jude on his chest and he falls right to sleep. I wish I had that kind of luck. Unfortunately, when I try this, Jude thinks it's time to eat. Ahh the pleasures of breastfeeding.

Anyway, thank you God for our sleep. We pray it comes again soon!

1 comment:

allie-mac-fallie said...

Congrats! Glad things went well last night! And make sure to check out my blog, I liked you an award :) (Something I have never gotten or done before but just thought I would pass it along!) :)