Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy One Month to Jude!!!


A month ago today, I was enjoying being drugged and induced and watching Jude's adorable face enter the world for the first time. I canNOT believe it has been a whole month already. I guess time flies when you get no sleep?




Jude has changed so much since he was first born. Honestly, it seems like he almost changes rapidly every day, especially at the beginning. When he was born, he was 19 inches. I measured him yesterday and he was 23. That's pretty much an inch a week! I'd love to know how much he weighs now. When he was first born, I could feed him without any pillows or any help because he was so light. Now, I have to use the boppy or my arms are dead and burping him is useless.


Jude is smiling now, and that is definitely the most exciting accomplishment thus far. That and the fact that he sleeps for 4-5 hour stretches at night now. Praise the Lord, we finally helped him get his days and nights in order! He's starting to realize he can move his arms and legs more, so I'm expecting he'll get more in to his toys pretty soon. Right now though, he is mostly entertained by looking at color contrasts, especially in his baby books. His favorite thing is being read to right now. His eyes get huge especially when we read 'Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?". He really likes the white backgrounds and bright colored animals I think. I hope that means he'll be a reader for life. Michael and I both enjoy reading, although me more than Michael. Plus, being a teacher, literacy is a big deal to me!



This month has been such an awesome life change. Michael and I are both pretty obsessed with this little boy. (Not that we are going to be obnoxious parents or anything, I promise.) He's changed our lives for the better, and it's been an awesome month no matter how exhausting. I can't believe it's flown by. It scares me to think how fast the rest is going to fly by. My goal right now is to hold him as much as possible because he just isn't going to stay this little and sweet for long. I already nearly cry just thinking about that!


No comments: