Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Saturday, November 21, 2009

He shoots, he scores and Tummy Time

First off, I just have a charming anecdote for Jude's adoring fans. Yesterday evening, during one of Jude's many diaper changes, I experienced the familiar 'hosing down' which probably happens once a week. Little boys are more exciting than little girls in this way. You just never know when you are going to be surprised! Luckily for me, 90% of Jude's surprise showers occur when Michael is NOT home. Go figure. Yesterdays event was one of note however. Somehow Jude managed to shoot straight at his mouth for about 2 seconds. Never thought I would see the day my baby would cough on his on urine, but it happened. I've told myself baby urine isn't that dirty since its just milk leftovers. It makes me feel better....


On a more exciting note, Jude is finally starting to get in to tummy time. We were told by the doctor to let him have tummy time every day once his umbilical cord fell off, which was about at 2 weeks. Jude hates tummy time mainly because he hasn't grasped the concept of 'I can use my hands to play with toys' yet. Well today we started a new milestone. He actually grabbed at a rattle which you can see above. He still has a ways to go before he is really playing, but today we took that first baby step towards it. Very exciting! You can also see he's starting to be able to hold his head up for longer periods. It's amazing how much he learns literally every day!


Jude much prefers to play this way. He likes to look up at things and talk to mommy and daddy...



No comments: