Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Freight Train


One of Jude's favorite books is Freight Train by Donald Crews.  It was one of the very first board books he got.  At first, I think he liked it because the pictures were so bold and easy to see.  Now he just honestly loves trains.  (Convenient since his nursery is decorated with vintage train things...)  Anyway, it's funny because he really just likes this page.  Oh sometimes we will read other pages, but pretty much it's just this one page.  I sound like a broken record "red caboose at the back, orange tank car next, yellow hopper car".  In fact, I just typed that from memory.  Today I kept repeating this and Jude just smiled in sheer delight.  I guess he likes warm colors.  I'm not sure why else he would be that interested in this page and none others.

No comments: