Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fox Shirt- A look back


This is a picture of Jude at 5 months.  Oh the sweet baby cheeks.  You can't actually tell, but he's wearing the same fox onesie as in the bottom pictures.  Unfortunately, at 5 months Jude was a rolling vesuvius, so most of his outfits were covered with little bibs.


The fox onesie was one of my very favorites.  I would put him in it as often as the clean laundry would allow.  I'm sure I stretched it on to his growing body for awhile, because I am always hesitant to let go of my favorites.  It seems like they barely get to wear them and then they're gone.

Luckily for me, a teacher at my school gave me some of her 2 year olds clothes.  Lo and behold, the fox onesie was reincarnated in 18 months.  I died.  I squealed.  I may or may not have overreacted with joy.


Jude is wearing it today while I am at home to enjoy him in it all day long.  And I can't help but marveling at how different he is now compared to then.  No more sweet little baby.  He is a wild toddler through and through.


Now all that is left are little hints of the baby rolls that once were.

No comments: