Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

and this is why I'm never on time

So I'm nearly or definitely late to work every day. I always start out on time, or at least with good intentions. I'll be honest actually not hitting the snooze button is hard when Jude wakes up at 3:30 every day wanting to be fed. By the time he eats and has a diaper change, its about 4:15 when I crawl back in to bed. My alarm goes off at 5 which means after his feeding I take a 45 minute nap before I start my day. Can you say exhaustion? True, he sleeps a 7-8 stretch each night which is good for a 4 month old. Still, its tiring.

Me being tired is not the real reason I'm always running behind though. Something always seems to happen. This morning the shirt I was going to wear got spit up all over and smelled awful so I had to change. Sometimes its a diaper explosion. Yesterday was the most unexpected yet. I was holding Jude, putting my breastpumping supplies in my carrier bag when he spit up. STRAIGHT IN TO MY BREAST PUMP CUP. (If you've never seen one, it looks like a funnel.) Anyway, full of spit up. So instead of leaving promptly, I had to rewash and resterilize my breast pump.

And this is why I'm never on time...

Worst picture ever, but it captures the essence. Myself, my breast pump sheild, and Jude. I look tired and dazed. Jude is oblivious. Pretty typical morning in our house.

No comments: