Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Watermelon Crawl


Technically, this update is a day early, but it's been awhile since I've posted. Plus, we are really only hours away from 39 weeks. At 39 weeks, Jude is abot the size of a mini watermelon. At 39 weeks, the mom to be is definitely doing the watermelon crawl or waddle, depending on your perspective. Some of this weeks highlights include the continuation of adding fat to help regulate temperature and being approximately 20 inches long. Based on my calculations from the last sonogram, he weighs about 7 lbs 7oz.
I'm continuing to feel the pressure from him dropping more and more. I actually have people regularly commenting on just how low he looks. It's pretty obvious. As I sit here to type, it literally feels like I'm balancing a watermelon in my lap. Personnally, it just feels like he is about to come out.
Every day it hits me more and more that today could be "The Day" we meet him. My bags are packed and so are Jude's. We've bought snacks. We have the car seat in the car, although I have yet to read the manual to figure out how to install the thing. We're getting there. It's crazy not knowing when he's going to come. Every time I get any sort of contractions I start really paying attention in case 'this is it'. I'm caught in the middle though of wanting to finish as much school as I can and also just being ready to leave. Personnally, I'm betting on sometime between now and Monday. Michael says Thursday. I go to the doctor this afternoon. We'll see what she says...
For now, we are just caught in the waiting game wondering when our lives will really truly change. In the meantime, Michael and I are trying to spend as much time together as possible before our time together is a little more stretched thin. Be praying for our little family. We desperately want a safe and healthy delivery and baby.

No comments: