Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Double on the Rocks Bartender...

If I had a personal bartender I would ask for nothing short of the good stuff. A double pepto on the rocks. Maybe mix it up with a maalox on the rocks. Seriously. As if peeing every few hours was not enough to ruin any chance of a good night sleep, I am continuously topping that off with ridiculous amounts of baby induced acid reflux. I have resorted to keeping pepto on the nightstand and I drink it several times a night. Now that Jude is approximately 6 lbs 13 oz, anytime he moves around, he hits at least one organ. If he rolls into my stomach, he immediately sends this shot of stomach acid right up the throat. Isn't that delightful? And the best part is the most I can hope to do is to coat everything with the yummy pink stuff. It's not like heartburn where I can watch what I eat and curtail miserable consequences. This can only be solved by giving birth. One of the many reasons I am really getting over this whole pregnancy and am just ready for him to get here. In the meantime, my personal bartender will be fixing me the 'baby too big' cocktail at least once during the night. Maybe 2 or 3 times if we decide to get a lil crazy up in hurr!

2 comments:

allie-mac-fallie said...

i absolutely love how you write about all the details of your pregnancy :) im sorry you are having to go through this but it will be over soon as you know ha! praying for you!

Crista said...

Hey Ashley:)... try Pepcid Complete. It made my last two weeks a LOT better... and a little worse as I regretted not finding it sooner! I freaking went through a Costco double pack (600!!) of antacids before findong the right stuff:).

...hell though, isn't it:D?!?!