Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Friday, October 16, 2009

Doctor Visit- 38.6 weeks

Yesterday was (hopefully) my last doctor's visit pre-baby. Can you tell I'm ready to get this over with? Anyway, not too much to report as usual. I just updated her on how I was doing, and she checked to see how much I've progressed. I'm dilated to 2 centimeters now and continuing to thin out. Unfortunately, this still doesn't really suggest that anything will or will not be happening. We are still stuck in the waiting game. I think the only way to know when the baby's coming is if you (blessed?) enough to have a scheduled induction or c section. However, we will continue waiting. I've been having a lot of false labor contractions though. I really don't know that this provides many clues to delivery either. However, it is really annoying. Yesterday, they actually got strong enough to make me think I should go in. They subsided when I changed position though. I wish I knew what I was feeling for. I hate this whole lack of experience with this. Plus, most of my friends with baby's were either induced or scheduled c sectioners and never just 'went in to labor' to be able to answer my questions. It wouldn't bother me quite as much if it weren't for the fact that I need to get on those antibiotics soon after going in to labor. Please pray that I will recognize them when they occur. I'm scared I will get confused with false labor and be late getting the antibiotic.

1 comment:

allie-mac-fallie said...

I will be praying that God will let you know as soon as its happening. :) and know that He is with you always! :)