Thursday, February 21, 2013
Thankful- kids books, myself, my mission
I am grateful for:
* I read "I Love You Forever" to my students this week, and one of my little girls cried. I mean the sensitive, I am so moved by this story cry. It was adorable and beautiful.
* A conversation between two of my crazies. In which one was annoyed and the other said, "I'm sorry, you know how much I care about you!!!!" What an adorable way to apologize
* Rain in NTX!!!!
* I managed to roll with Plan B joyfully! (Huge deal for my control freak self) Our power was out like all day at school yesterday. Seriously. We managed to do all our subjects - somewhat loudly and wildly- but we did it. Normally, that stuff spikes my anxiety. But I just flowed. Such a big deal for me yall!
* the Bachelor, because I roll like that.
* learning about my personality type in Missions class. Mainly learning that its normal for my personality to be introverted and need alone time. I've always kind of been insecure because I'm not the popular type. Like I needed to change myself. But I felt so free because thats not it at all. I'm fearfully and wonderfully made with this exact personality. I can accept the person I am with joy. God has a plan for my overly sensitive, perfectionist self. Do I need to learn to let go of the perfectionism? yes. But that doesn't change the fact that my personality has a purpose and should be celebrated for its own uniqueness.
* I have to trust Jesus so much with my kiddos sometimes. Teaching is crazy because you pour your heart into 20+ kids a year. After 6 years, there are pieces of my heart walking all over Texas. Some weeks they are crazy. Some they are awesome. And sometimes they come in and break your heart. It's so hard because my instinct is to write about those things, but I can't. Luckily, I serve a loving Father who loves the little ones the most. I am so thankful that when I release my 2nd grader babies to their homes, God goes with them. And I just pray and pray and pray that they know His Presence.
* I have my first giveaway on my blog here.
* My post on teaching the ABCs as missional was linked here.
* This weekend my abortion testimony will be running here.
This is listed under "I accomplished" but that's really not the case at all. I just want to briefly say that the # of doors God will open really, really increases when you humble yourself and allow your darkest spots to be used. Honestly, He has done so much with my blog since I blogged about my abortion. No words. Except- surrender and allow God to use your shame for His glory.
I am looking forward to:
* getting grades into the computer (not :))
* hanging out with my fellas
* continuing to learn about Nehemiah at church