Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Saturday, September 17, 2011

All the Young Punks



Jude Dylan is a punk by nature.  At least I think so.  He loves to yell for the sheer thrill of hearing himself scream.  He loves to throw things and smash things.  Especially his play guitar.  He loves to fight fight fight for what he wants.  And I hope that in time I can train this to be a proactive approach to changing what he thinks is wrong.

One of my favorite bands of all time, is The Clash.  They've been called the only band that really mattered, and when you read their lyrics, it becomes obvious why.  What a way to be remembered.  I love punks approach to calling attention to 'the man' and the general screwed up way the world is controlled, and really, how people are controlled.  But I really love The Clash because instead of oh so eloquently yelling expletives at the government, they poetically state their opinion.  I admire that, and thus, love their music.

How do you train a child to think like that?  How do you train a child to share their opinion in a way 'that really matters'?  My dream for Jude is to be both loving and willing to stand up when he needs to... To know when its time to let it ride, and when it's time to 'clash'....

No comments: