Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up and Too Cute Tuesday


This weekend was one Jude spent with his dad, so that always puts a bit of a kink in my style.  Just don't like having the little man gone ya know?  I spent Friday hanging out with Jude.  We took a couple of selfies as shown above and below.  Mostly we just hung out.  I wanted to soak him in some before he left with his dad Saturday afternoon.


Saturday Jude went to a birthday party for one of his friends from school.  It's so fun to see him interact with his friends.  I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief when I see him using manners, sharing, interacting like a sane person ;)  Semi joking, but seriously, it's nice to see him interacting with others and get a feel for his social development.  The coolest part of the party was that the fire trucks came out.  The kids got to get in the truck and walk through the ambulance.  Do I have pictures?  Of course not, I didn't realize I needed my phone out for this amazing party.  Jude liked it though.  Although I have to say he liked his grape sucker more :)


Jude left with Michael shortly after that.  I immediately began eating chocolate ice cream from the carton.  #ieatmyfeelings  Luckily, that didn't last long.  Jimmy, ever the gentleman, hung out with me.  He cooked me dinner, which was delicious.  We went and got dairy queen.  Not that I needed it, obvi.  We discussed our movie discord.  He likes serious.  I like comedies.  Luckily, we both like adventure.  We watched Jeff Who Lives At Home, which was funny.  Minus the mom randomly becoming a lesbian?  That falls under the same category as "why did I need that sex scene in this movie- oh yea I didn't".  I mean if it isn't necessary to the plot, why?  Sorry- I know this is also a Too Cute post...

Anyway, we also watched part of The Endless Summer- which I plan on finishing sometime.  Because apparently I love 60s surf documentaries.  I introduced Jimmy to Hey Girl and Hey Christian Girl, and have made him promise to take random selfies of himself with some hey girl comments typed in via phonto or something.  I mean how easy of a birthday present is that right?  He's come up with 2 so far and to say they have made my Monday is an understatement.  I love funny, especially when its Jimmy!

And last but not least- I slept in till 11:00 on Sunday.  I will let that marinade.  Because I can't even.  Bliss I tell you.  Except the part where my body was all "I can't fall asleep until midnight because I'm wide awake" ;)

PS- if you recently started following and have a blog, let me know.  I'd love to check it out :)

See my Tuesday Linking tab

7 comments:

A said...

How good is phonto!!! Aaaand - 11am wow! Can't even remember the last time i slept that late! Must have been a lovely relaxing morning! x

Elizabeth said...

what a great date day :)

Elizabeth said...

what a great date day :)

Unknown said...

I would give a lot to sleep till 11am right now. Sounds amazing! Glad you had a good weekend despite missing your little man

meandmr.com said...

Hello!

I'm in the Texas blogger group too :) Just stopped by to say hi, and am now following too.

Look forward to reading more!

-Melanie @meandmr.com

ANDYSTYLE said...

nice ;)

Leigh said...

I love this post :) Always hard when our bubs are away from us and I turn to food too.

Just thought I would let you know my blog's URL has changed. It is now

lifeinskinnyjeans.blogspot.com.au

and it is called the same too now, so no more it's a lovely life. But still the same just a different name and all that. Hope it isn't confusing.