Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Monday, July 1, 2013

How we're doing


Little man has been sick today.  I got him to Kohl's to replace two pairs of shoes, when all his milk came out in the parking lot :/

Then I took him through the Chick Fil A drive through the get orange juice because I mistakenly thought that might help his stomach.  I was wrong.  That completely soaked his car seat.  So I've had to strip that down and wash it.

Not the Monday I had in mind.  But you know what's sweet?  Seeing Jude cuddled up with the baby quilt my Grandma made him.  This week has reminded me intensely of how much I miss her.  I have spent the past week visiting family in West Virginia and Ohio.  (I promise to blog about that later...)  Her old farm house just wasn't the same without her stories and her jokes.

This quilt is made with fabric showing Winnie the Pooh characters catching fireflies.  Jude saw fireflies for the first time this week.  I never realized how perfect that was.  Fireflies are so sentimental for me.  They just remind me of all the is good and pure and magical in the world.

We will be back soon with lots more updates.  But for now we are cuddling and thinking about all that is beautiful in the world.  And wondering how to grasp that magic and bottle it up like a firefly.

2 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

I hope he's feeling better and I'm looking forward to hearing all about your time away!

Susannah said...

Oh no! I hope Jude feels better soon!!!