Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Monday, January 23, 2012

on Health and Wellness and Tea


Health and Wellness is one of my favorite topics as of late.  The hippie in me has always been on the organic, natural, trust your body, love the earth bandwagon.  Here lately though I have really been going full throttle.

I was blessed with low blood sugar which can cause a whole range of fun side effects.  I'm sure that's where the 'must watch what i eat' kick started.  I've never dieted, and am mostly satisfied with my body (considering I've had a kid...) but I do believe that it is wise to fill your body with good fuel.  I've already posted about my resolutions, but I just am really excited about a couple things I've got going on lately.

1- I have completely detoxed myself from depending on coffee in the morning.  I just can't believe the jitters from too much caffeine are ok.  Today I just spent some time buying an assortment of energizing teas for the morning, as well as relaxing teas for the evening.  Isn't it amazing how God designed the world to naturally combat diseases, bring us peace, bring us energy?  I don't know why we 'reinvent the wheel' all the time, considering the original creator. 

2- I have finally gotten ahold of organic chicken!  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Kroger?  They really have a good, reasonably priced organic section-- as far as organics go.  

3- My raw food diet is changing.  I am now going to be focusing on consuming only raw veggies, meat, and dairy products.  My blood sugar has gone crazy lately.  I don't know if it's the stress of my life or what, but some serious changes are necessary.  Hello sugar free!  So I am doing my best to limit all grains and fruits, except as 'treats' or just a serving of grains a day.  My grocery basket looked interesting today since it was all meat and veggies.  I am going to have to get creative, but I'm really excited about doing what's right for my health.

4- And you know what I would love to find- Christian Yoga.  I love yoga as an exercise, but would love the meditative side focused on Christ.  I haven't found one in Denton, but hopefully soon.

5- I am looking in to essential oils.  I picked up some lavender this week, but I need to learn how to use it.  Basically, I need natural destressers.

Anyway, I just want to say that change is exciting, and making decisions that I believe are right for myself and my family is so empowering.  I never thought it would be such a 'hobby', but it really kind of is.

And on that note, I will leave you with thinking about how much of a dork I really am :)


No comments: