A little about me...
2. I have a soon to be 5 year old named Jude Dylan, who was born in 2009. This blog was originally a baby blog.
3. I was a single mom for 4 years. Becoming a single mom caused me to feel less comfortable blogging about Jude. So I started to blog more randomly. It's turned into a blog for my story and my search for Christ.
4. My favorite flower is a thistle. I love that it is purple. I love that it is prickly. I love that its beauty isn't found in its traditional bouquet like qualities. Rather it's beautiful because it's been through difficulty and trial. The title of my blog comes from a White Stripes song called "Prickly Thorn, but Sweetly Worn", specifically from the line 'the thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn.
5. I married my favorite person in the world this year on July 12, 2014. He is one of the godliest men I know and proof that our God is a God who redeems!
6. I want to spend my life focusing on foreign missions. Hoping God opens that door someday.
7. I have taught for 6 years in low income schools with children from pretty difficult backgrounds. It's a mission field all it's own.
8. I'm now in my 8th year of teaching. Last year was my year of jubilee. It was my first year to teach in a non low income campus. And like the Levitical priests said, the 7th year is a year of rest. It was my year of rest. Starting a new school year is always exciting, and I can't wait to see what The Lord has in store for me this year.
8. I began a new health journey in January 2014. I have explored different essential oil companies. Wrestled with those companies. Researched those companies. Prayed about the companies. Ultimately, I decided Young Living Essential Oils were the path of health God laid our for my family. I am excited to learn more and share what has honestly become a true passion!
Young Living distributor, sponsor, and enroller #1831568