It's been awhile since I've done a thankful post. And these posts date from all through April because of that. I've gotten way behind with blogging this month because sometimes real life takes precedence. But just because I haven't blogged it, doesn't mean I'm not thankful for it. (you should follow me on instagram, because I am always posting my thankfulness there... @thistleashd)
* thankful because Jude is all about going big or going home. He creates the most elaborate places of relaxation I've ever seen. His favorite thing in the word is to concoct pirate campouts like you see above. I wish I could know all that was going through his brain in these instances. Thankful for his creativity.
* thankful for little boys in cowboy boots. Enough said.
* thankful that still today his feet are little and cute and smell sweet.
* thankful for bluebonnets. Texas has a lot of wonderful things you just can't help but fall in love with. I love farms probably more than anything. And that flat, prairie land up there? Oh it makes my heart go pitter patter. In my dream world, I live on a farm. Just preferably one that has more water :)
* Denton Arts and Jazz Fest- which is literally my favorite holiday. I have gone every year since I discovered its greatness with a friend back in college. It's basically a hidden gem here in North Texas. Full of *free* concerts and the quirkiest people imaginable. I can't imagine anything better to do on a Saturday night than sit with my guy under an oak tree listening to music. Seriously. Perfect.
* relaxing on a Sunday afternoon, feet up. with my room actually CLEAN
* this face. It was actually cold this morning so Jude and I took the blankets out onto the loveseat and sat under them. It was cloudy and cool and we were snuggling outside. And his face- oh my gosh!
* a new windchime for the porch. although it doesn't ring at all that i've heard. it looks pretty :)
* This happened today. Jude played in the sprinklers in the back, naked. He also informed me that he peed out there. I think his precise words were 'I left my pee out there'. It was warm and lovely and he's 3 so why not. nevermind tomorrow the high is like 55 or something. Today, we embraced spring and played in the water.
* thankful for long blonde goldilocks and long lashes
These posts are my favorite to do. The reflecting on how blessed I am never fails to nourish my soul. So good to remember the beauty in life!