Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pollock


The other day I brought home some butcher paper and markers.  And I let Jude go crazy.  It was awesome.  He did an awesome job of knowing how to use the markers and obediently keeping it on the paper.  I was struck by the 'pollockness' of it all.


Here's Jackson Pollock.  By far, my fave American artist.  I love his intensity.  His randomness.  I can only imagine how invigorating it would be to come home after a hard day of work and splatter paint everywhere.

And the cigarette hanging out of his mouth?  Awesome.  If I could have gotten Jude's face, I'm sure a paci would have been hanging out.


And at the end, Jude's picture was quite similar.  Less intensional, but full of vivacity and the embracing of life's emotions nonetheless.

No comments: