Pages

"The thistle is a prickly flower, aye, but how it is sweetly worn."

Friday, March 15, 2013

Liebster Award 2- part 2



Ok as promised, here is part 2 to the Liebster Award where I will answer Kiki's questions, nominate some bloggers, and then post questions for them to answer.

1.  My favorite bible verse is Isaiah 26:3 which is He will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.  My mind has always been my battleground, so I am a big fan of verses that remind me where my focus is supposed to be.

2.  Celebrity crush- I literally don't keep up with celebrities.  I keep up with them for a few months and then get bored.  I rarely watch tv.  Rarely go to the movies.  Probably the closest I've come in the last year to this is Zooey Deschanel.  I think she's funny and I like her style.

3.  Dream vacation- answered this on the last one, but Turkey or Morocco.  I really love Arabic markets and food.

4.  When I was younger all I wanted to be when I grew up was a stay at home momma.  I still think that would be a fun job :)

5.  I started blogging when I was pregnant with Jude.  So if you go back far enough in this, it's all baby stuff.  Most of my family is out of state, so it was just an easy way to keep people updated.  I've since changed it around some because blogging about my kiddo became somewhat uncomfortable for me.  I still do sometimes, but it's not the focus.

6.  The best gift I ever received was a necklace from my grandma.  It was particularly special because my grandma never wore jewelry, so the fact that she picked it out for me was just really thoughtful.  The necklace itself is really unique.  She found an antique coin sized clasp with an A inscribed on it and put it on a chain.  It's by far my favorite necklace ever.  The only necklace I wear consistently.

7.  Favorite TV shows are Bachelor, Bachelorette, and Duck Dynasty.

8.  Daily blog reads- to be honest I just got through the feed and read whatever has recently been written.  Here is my bloglovin profile.  You can check out what I follow.  If it's on there, I read it.

http://www.bloglovin.com/sweetlyworn

9.  Nickname- usually just Ash.  My sister calls me SissyBoo.  In high school I was Ash Rine.

10.  Favorite/Least favorite foods- favorite is quiche of any kind.  least favorite is peas.

11.  Most played song on my ipod (spotify in my case)- I don't know about songs, but my favorites are things like Bon Iver, Feist, Bob Marley, the Beatles... stuff like that.  During March I typically listen to a lot of Dropkick Murphy and Flogging Molly.  I will always blast anything from Green Day, Dookie should it come on the radio...

************************************************************

My nominees are:  

1.  This blog on missions in Haiti.
2.  My good friend Danielle who I am so excited is kicking the blogging thing up.


I'm sorry there aren't many.  I really already nominated so many.  Or they've been nominated before.

And because I'm lazy, just answer the same questions I did...

1. What's your favorite Bible verse?

2. Who's your celebrity crush or best friend wannabe?

3. What's your dream vacation?

4. What do you want to be when you grow up? This can include your current or dream job!

5. How did you discover blogging?

6. What was the best or worst gift you've ever received?

7. What's your favorite TV show or movie?

8. Who are your daily blog reads?

9. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?

10. What are your favorite and least favorite foods?

11.What's the most played song on your iPod?


3 comments:

Kiki said...

Love that verse you picked. Such a great one! :)

And I love that you love Zooey--she's super cute and hilarious and I love her style. Plus, she plays a teacher on her TV show.

Oh, and Duck Dynasty. That show is the best way to end my day and it's also one of the few shows I don't mind watching over again.

Have a lovely weekend!

Susannah said...

Congrats on the award! I love reading these. :-)

Brittany Kyte said...

Oh, Duck Dynasty. My Dad and my Aunt are obsessed with that show! Too funny!